Drugi jezik na kojem je dostupan ovaj članak: Bosnian
By: Barbara Modic, president of Effie Slovenia 2018
Mona Opran, Operations Director for Southeast Europe at Centrade-Cheil, and many times member of the Euro Effie jury, with her lecture on Data&Insights – Contents – Brand&Audience Interaction inspired everyone to create winning ideas with the following questions: “The first Effie example is never the winning one, at least that’s how the myth goes. But there’s nothing bad about wanting to have it. And what is a good example? How can we evaluate efficiency when the entire industry is changing? How to evaluate results in an objective way and how to collect data?”
Les Binet, Head of Effectiveness at Adam&Eve DDB and co-author of many studies on marketing efficiency, in his lecture Efficiency in the digital era revealed some of the pitfalls of modern advertising:
- “In the desire to achieve short-term results, we often forget about long-term success.
- Reach is still the main driver of sales and market share, and that’s why budget is an important factor in campaign efficiency.
- SOV (share of voice in total advertising) significantly affects SOM (market share) and growth. For a 0.5% increase in market share you need to have SOV that is 10% higher than the SOM.
- The most efficient division of investments is to direct 60% towards brand building, and 40% to sales activation.
- Strong brands have higher recall in sales activations.
- Activities that are tied to the brand (primarily emotional), affect the long-term sales growth and profit, and reduce pricing sensitivity.
- Sales activations (primarily rational) positively affect short-term sales growth and ROI, but not long-term growth.”
Domestic industry was represented by Ana Ivandić, Creative Director at Innovatif and Petra Čadež, Marketing Director for strategic business area of delicacy spreads at Atlantic Grupa, who presented the selected Euro Effie examples of the most creative, top quality ideas.
Effie Day participants received a cocktail of advice on what works in marketing communication, and what doesn’t, what are the ingredients of a good Effie case study on a practical example, what are the dilemmas faced by the jury, etc. Above all, we talked about how to better do our job, and achieve all the more ambitious goals.
Effie Slovenia 2018 wants to encourage orientation and dedication to effective market communication ideas, conduct of communication campaigns based on efficiency principles, encourage teamwork both between clients and agencies and within the communication department, and enable everyone involved to demonstrate the measurable efficiency of their work.
As Effie Slovenia uses every opportunity to disseminate knowledge, the next Effie lecture will be held on 12 April in the framework of the Slovenian Advertising Festival – SOF. Our guest then will be Jason Romeyko, global executive creative director of Serviceplan. Jason has won multiple Cannes Lions and is a fervent advocate of efficiency in communication. He will hold the lecture Transformational Power of Super Creativity.