Drugi jezik na kojem je dostupan ovaj članak: Bosnian
By: Petar Pavić, partner at StarDigital group
Digital transformation is the main IT buzzword that confirms its impact and increasingly significant role in all areas of business, including marketing. In marketing, it represents investments in technology and new marketing models that can increase efficiency and digital engagement with customers, and enable better user experience throughout the product or service life cycle.
Each organization goes through various phases of the digital state and readiness to achieve the most significant digital transformation in marketing. This is particularly visible in the retail segment where companies as a whole must struggle to maintain growth as well as for every individual buyer. According to US market data, most of the leading retail companies have confirmed that they consider online commerce to be the second leading driver of changes in consumer spending over the next five years.
A serious approach to digital marketing transformation includes concrete steps that relate to: assessing and comparing market, utilizing competition information, mapping consumer buying cycles, developing own digital marketing transformation strategy, allocating the budget at all stages of the transformation process, developing a change management plan, determining timelines, forming a team that will lead the project of transformation, comparison and measurement of results throughout the project.
Improvements in the marketing process through digital transformation include better marketing capabilities with the aim of delivering better consumer experience, achieved through identifying new opportunities, finding synergy through data integration, developing agile market access through operational task execution, and measuring results.In order to successfully launch a digital transformation of marketing, we need to start with an analysis of our own situation, which includes the assessment of available human resources, internal processes and tools and the data we have, a good initial marketing audit should be done. But before entering the process of procuring technology solutions, we advise and assist our customers in designing a serious digital marketing strategy that will take into account all the tools that a company currently has at its disposal, having in mind the ultimate goal we want to achieve. Since the purpose is achieving the best possible user experience, when developing a strategy it is important to not overburden yourself too much with the current technological situation.
New technologies can be frightening, and organizations often delay the deployment of new solutions due to the cost and time they are losing on learning how to work in a new technology environment. On the other hand, this means that they miss out on great new products that can increase their business efficiency and enable greater productivity. Creating own marketing-technology portfolio of tools (MarTech) enables optimization between marketing and technology departments. Through new technology approach organizations can increase their revenue, enable team productivity, optimize time, financial resources, and invested efforts. Through new technological solutions they obtain a magical solution for more efficient generation of new sales opportunities and a systematic approach to securing future growth and development.
The boom of martech solutions is not just the result of new technological trends. Big data, new digital communication channels, and new models of interaction between brands and consumers, as well as new technologies, enable a completely different approach to business processes. It is therefore important to understand the technological processes in marketing and to know how to build them within your own company, having in sight the ultimate goal of building a complete marketing vision of the company, which is something we help our customers with.
We will list some of the most important technological processes in the market, which require a quality and comprehensive technological solution that will enable a better overview, centralized management, analysis, and campaign-based statistics, to help deliver better and faster marketing decisions.
- Following marketing campaigns and analytics – monitoring achieved results and statistics analysis.
- Tagging management – using same tags on all pages, achieving better functionality of websites.
- Marketing Automation – possibility to control all marketing elements of a campaign in a single place. From analytics, monitoring, various online forms, e-mail marketing, and similar.
- Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) – represents the basic method for intelligent management of current and future customers. These are technologies that facilitate the collection, automation and synchronization of data related to sales, marketing, customer and technical support etc. An extremely important tool that will facilitate customer relationship management and represents the main artery for every business, as it is consumer-centric.
- Data Management Platform (DMP) – represents a data storage that accepts, sorts and stores data – and makes them available in a way that is useful to marketers.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) – servers and a network that enable users access to content and resources.
- Optimization of conversions – it’s purpose is to convert every buyer into a loyal customer in a long-term. To attract someone to come to your website is the first step. To retain them as a loyal customer requires good optimization of the entire marketing process as well as the sales experience.
- Campaign management applications – enable organizations to better segment the market, target customers and manage their marketing campaigns.
- Email marketing tools – enable simpler use of e-mail tools for marketing communication. A simple way to inform those who are interested in following you about your products and services.
- Mobile optimization – all communication, websites, apps, campaigns should be optimized for mobile. Websites must be responsive and easy to navigate.
- Advertising networks – enable better use and management of advertising campaigns across advertising platforms. They open up the opportunities for retargeting, DoubleClick and other methods.
- Remarketing – through which we once again reach customers who visited our websites and we serve them targeted ads when they read or follow similar topics.
- Search marketing – from SEO optimization to paid ads in search, with the possibility to upgrade, follow and optimize campaigns according to keywords.
StarDigital Group is a licensed Tealium partner specializing in marketing automation consulting as well as intelligent software solutions that enable smarter collection and linking of consumer information from different marketing sources in one place, from which data can be centrally managed, analyzed and applied to affect the overall efficiency of marketing. Given their unique position on the market, Tealium Solutions provide the quality to build consumer confidence, ensure proper and legitimate data management, meet the required security standards, and secure ever more important consumer privacy, while reducing your dependence on relying on external digital marketing and analytical suppliers.