Drugi jezik na kojem je dostupan ovaj članak: Bosnian
By: Adnan Arnautlija
JWT AND WUNDERMAN MERGE TO FORM ‘WUNDERMAN THOMPSON’
WPP is to merge global ad agency J. Walter Thompson and digital agency Wunderman to form ‘Wunderman Thompson’, which will be headquartered in New York and London.
Global CEO of Wunderman, Mel Edwards (left) will remain chief executive of the new entity, while the JWT worldwide chief executive Tamara Ingram (right) will serve as the new entity’s global chairman.
Speculation of such a merger had been rife as new chief executive Mark Read continues to consolidate and simplify the group’s structure.
Wunderman Thompson will employ approximately 20,000 people across 90 markets, and WPP said the new agency will be fully operational in early 2019.
Read more here.
AMAZON PRIME VIDEO SEEKS AGENCY AMID EUROPEAN EXPANSION
Amazon Prime Video is seeking an agency for a brief covering France, Italy and Spain.
It is understood that Droga5 London, Fold7 and MullenLowe are among the shops vying for the business, with initial meetings held last week.
Amazon Prime Video has been ramping up its European expansion with a strategy to create more original content for local audiences, whereas the EU has passed new regulation that will require streaming services to ensure at least 30% of their content is local programming.
BLACK FRIDAY ECOMMERCE SWELLS AS SHOP FOOTFALL DECLINES
Retailers that had a digital strategy in place this Black Friday benefitted from increased online and mobile spend during the Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend in the US.
Reuters reports that Americans opted to remain at home and browse goods through digital platforms, which resulted in reduced in-store footfall.
Adobe Analytics data said online sales in the US had risen by 23% year-on-year to $6bn. The company tracks 80% of the US’s top 100 retailers. Thanksgiving also saw a boon of 28% to $3.7bn.
RetailNext research stated that net sales at brick-and-mortar stores fell 4%-7% during the weekend – a result of traffic dropping between 5%-9%.
Read more here.
NO MORE JUNK FOOD ADS IN LONDON’S PUBLIC TRANSPORT
A ban on junk food advertising will be imposed across the entire transport network of London early next year, despite strong objections from the advertising industry.
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, announced late last week that all ads for food and non-alcoholic drinks high in fat, salt and/or sugar – and considered “less healthy” under Public Health England guidelines – will be banned from 25 February 2019.
Under the tough new restrictions, which follow a public consultation that the Mayor’s Office claims found “overwhelming support” from Londoners for a ban, products like cheeseburgers and chocolate will be banned.
FMCG brands and fast food chains will still be allowed to advertise healthier products, such as unsalted nuts, raisins and sugar-free drinks, but they will not be able to promote their brand using a generic logo.
However, UK advertising industry bodies hit back, questioning both the effectiveness of the new policy and highlighting the risk to revenue streams of transport companies.
Read more here.
DOLCE & GABBANA FACING BACKLASH FROM COVETED CHINESE CONSUMERS AFTER BOTCHED CAMPAIGN
Dolce & Gabbana is facing a backlash from both consumers and officials in China, a coveted market for luxury brands, following a marketing campaign that went wrong.
The company faced allegations last week that an ad it released on Chinese platform Weibo, designed to promote its first fashion show in Shanghai, was racist in its depiction of a young Chinese woman. The campaign showed Chinese people eating Italian dishes like pasta or pizza with chopsticks, which quickly raised outrage among local population.
With Chinese social media ablaze with criticism, the controversy deepened after co-founder Stefano Gabbana then made allegedly racist comments on the company’s Instagram account, which it later claimed had been hacked.
As reported by Bloomberg, Dolce & Gabbana was forced to cancel its fashion show after celebrities and influencers threatened to boycott it and as the authorities made their displeasure known.
As of the end of last week, several e-commerce companies openly said they had pulled Dolce & Gabbana products from their Chinese websites, while e-commerce sites JD.com and Alibaba’s Tmall platform returned no search results for Dolce & Gabbana, the Financial Times reported.
Co-founders Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana even released an apology video on Weibo last Friday.
Read more here.